“Do Your Part” Campaign....
ICE FISHING CODE OF ETHICS
The Greater Nipissing area is blessed with numerous lakes that provide an excellent opportunity to enjoy spending time outdoors ice fishing.
You can do your part to help protect our lakes and fishery by pledging to follow a few simple guidelines:
Check out the complete Code of Ethics
- Bring back your garbage
- Do not dump dirty water, live bait or debris down the hole
- Avoid bringing any motorized vehicle on the lake that leaks oil or gas
- Make sure you know the fishing regulations for lake – slot size, limits. (www.ontario.ca/fishing)
- Ensure to quickly release fish you are not keeping
- Ensure to keep your hut blocked up for easy removal – and do not wait until the last day to remove it
“Showing You Care”
Stewardship Council Seeking Interested Individuals to join the Board
If you have an interested on serving on the Council - which involves 9 Board meetings per year and leading or assisting with a project or event, please contact us today.
Funds Still Available For Fisheries Enhancement Projects!
Originally announced on May 22, 2014, Stewardship Council Chair John Thornton wishes to advise that funds are still available for - individuals and organizations interested in rehabilitating or enhancing fish populations and/or fish habitat in the greater Nipissing area are invited to submit a project overview to the North Bay-Mattawa Conservation Authority (NBMCA) and the Greater Nipissing Stewardship Council (GNSC).
EDF Performance Indicators
EDF Program Priorities